Pa Pa Thai, is an excellent Thai restaurant with authentic Thai decor, a fantastic menu, and great service.
Shane’s Rating :
If you are in Waterford and you are looking for a good Asian or Thai Restaurant, check out Pa Pa Thai, located near the Peoples Park in Waterford.
Pa Pa Thai is one of my regular restaurants in Waterford … The service is also excellent and the food is excellent.
The Lunch is €13.95 for starter, main, sides and tea/coffee or you can simply choose a main with side dish from €8.50.
The Early Bird menu has more to offer with a varied selection of starters, dinner, rice/chips/noodles, dessert and tea/coffee at €19.95.
The A La Carte menu offers a wide choice but my recommendations are…
Try the Mixed Starter which is a selection of delicious starters & sauces.
- Pad Neau Nam Manboi (in Oyster Sauce) : (Mild) – Chicken or beef stir fried with oyster sauce, onions, mushrooms & seasonal vegetables
- Gaeng Khew Wan (Thai Green Curry) : A wonderfully flavored, little spice, made with coconut milk, red curry paste, aromatic herbs & fresh vegetables with your choice of meat
- Masaman Curry (Potato & Cashew Nut Curry) : This full flavoured but mild curry is bursting with delicious flavors such as nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, cardamon, cumin & coconut milk with your choice of meat
- Yum Neau (Beef Salad) : Slices of tender beef mixed with onion, tomato, cucumber, lemon grass, coriander & mint, together with a zesty dressing & served on a bed of lettuce – I find this option very refreshing!
- Seau Rawng Hai (Weeping Tiger Steak) : Sirloin steak sliced & served on a sizzling platter with homemade sauce made from soy sauce, palm sugar, coriander & garlic – has to be tried as it is excellent!
It is rare for a restaurant to have so many good options on the menu, in Pa Pa Thai it is often difficult to choose from the great menu choices; Pa Pa is a consistently good restaurant.
Whatever you choose from the menu, you can be guaranteed that it will be good. Enjoy!!
Address: Pa Pa Thai, 2 Canada st, Waterford, Waterford City, Ireland
Phone: 051 877 648